Super Sim Challenge

One of my favorite challenges I've ever done is the Super Sim Challenge. It is basically a challenge where you max and complete everything; careers, aspirations, skills, etcetera. I believe there are some official or semiofficial rules somewhere if you want to check it out. I want to do my own thing.

I started this challenge about a year ago. I had aging off for played sims and it was just my sim in the Bargain Bend lot in Willow Creek for the most part. I wanted to restart, 1, because I began to worry my sim would die and I would loose everything on the lot after they were eaten by a cowplant, and 2, I realized I could have had aging on and just keep drinking potions of youth to stay a young adult. I felt as though I had cheated the whole time. It was hard to let go of that save because of all the progress I made, but I did it anyway.

I think the reason I loved it so much is because, when it comes to sandbox games, I like to have an in-game goal. For example in Minecraft, I like doing things like trying to beat the game and completing advancements. I also have a list of projects to do in a survival world to help me stay interested in it. In the Sims 4, I like playing to max careers, complete aspirations, and collect collectables. so the Super Sim Challenge is right up my alley.

So here's the list of things I want to complete:

  • All Aspirations, including hidden or locked aspirations like grilled cheese and werewolves
  • All Careers and Branches (For Example, Not just do the astronaut career, but both Space Ranger and Interstellar Smuggler Branches)
  • Max all Skills
  • Complete all Collections Including
    • 2 of each fish, One to mount, one to bowl
    • 2 of each feather to make the weird bird sculpture
    • Perfect all Harvestables and keep about 5-10 extra
  • Learn all City Living food stall recipes
  • Get a Gold Metal on all Social Events

If there’s other things I forgot to include, need to add because I got a pack, or something new came in the game after I start the challenge I’ll update this list.


But let me introduce you to my sim. Their name is Rebecca Princess. They're genderqueer and use any pronouns. They are ambitious, creative, and an overachiever. They're the same sim I played with last time, but back then I wasn't as good at making sims as I am now, so I just made some unnotable changes. I'm not saying that I'm good at making sims, I just feel like I'm slightly better at making sims look less weird and more realistic than I was a year ago.

I do want to talk about their tattoos because most of them have meanings. Rebecca was originally a story mode sim, and was given the angling ace aspiration and the Politician career. The second or third aspiration was also the city native aspiration. So I gave them the koi fish tattoo from City Living. I also gave them a cowplant skull on their right thigh, because I do plan to have a cowplant (as I did last time), and a dolphin tattoo on their left ankle because they'll probably never become a mersim, since its the only occult they'll never become because its the only semi-permanent life state you can turn into that doesn’t have an aspiration. Oh, and I also added a rainbow plumbob tattoo on their upper back, because why not. They will be the main focus of the challenge after all.

I'm also doing this as a rags to riches, meaning I'm starting with §0.

I plan to give updates on this blog, but no promises. What I will do is track my progress in 2 google spreadsheets, one for the progress and one for collectables, both of which you can view.

Supersim Challenge 

Supersim Challenge Collectables

Credit to u/amyfran92 for the original spreadsheet: https://www.reddit.com/r/Sims4/comments/kcx5o9/the_supersim_challenge_tracker_spreadsheet/

But yeah. I'm really excited to start this. I have a save file I've prepared where I fixed all the older townies' hot and cold outfits, made the seasons 2 weeks long, and added more holidays, some weird, some cultural, and some that just make sense to have. This is the first time I'm doing a longer term save in it, and I feel like I'm going to regret it, but I can always change the season lengths if I hate it. So I'm going to bulldoze and move Rebecca I think into the 64x64 lot in Brindleton Bay, though I may move around a few times during the challenge.

One last thing to note is that I predict The Sims 5 may be released in 2024 (maybe 2025), and I am absolutely not going to finish this by then. I think that I'll start a new one in that game, and keep it going as more things are released. But who knows?

Comments