Self Confusion

I was having a conversation with my dad about my sexual orientation. My sexuality is something I've struggled with for a few years, and I always pressured myself to label it. I told him that, "It's like a puzzle with some of the pieces missing, but the picture's still there." He told me, "With all the billions of people in the world and just a few labels, there couldn't possibly be a label that fits everyone."

I always worried that if someone asked what my sexual orientation was, I wouldn't have an answer, and if I labeled myself as something that isn't that well known, I'd have to tell them what it means. 

I understand that it's perfectly fine for my sexuality to be unlabeled. And now that I've gone so many months not really identifying as anything, I'm kind of used to it. I still wish I could have a clear answer. But not everyone gets a clear answer.


The flags (in order from left to right, top to bottom) are the rainbow flag, androsexual, abrosexual, androflexible, toric, bisexual, abrisexual, omnisexual, polysexual, and straight. I got them from the LGBTA wiki.

Original Portfolio Post 12/07/2021

Comments